Connection via router:
- Check the indicator on the router, which is responsible for access to the Internet (it is often an icon looks like a planet);
- Turn off the power to the router for 10-15 seconds. Then turn on. If the router for some reason «frozen», this action will resolve the problem.
- Disconnect the WAN cable from the router for 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in until it clicks.
- Make sure that the cable that goes to the router from our switch is connected to the correct port (it is called WAN / Internet / I-net, and it often differs from other ports in color).
Connection by cable:
Check the network connection indicator at the monitor.
- If it looks like a red cross – there is no electrical signal to the network card. In this case, you need to check cable connection to the PC. If it connected, you need to check the integrity of the cable around the apartment. It can be damaged.
- If it looks like yellow triangle is, the network card or PC does not receive the required network settings.
Solutions: reboot the PC and reconnect the cable. If possible, you need to check what settings the network card receives:
Start — Control Panel — Network and Internet — Network and Sharing Center — Change adapter settings — Unidentified network (right mouse button) — Status – Details.
If computer receives network parameters according to given by the operator (IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server), you need to look for another reason for the problem.
If your IP = 169.254 …… — this means that your equipment does not receive the settings. You need to set parameters by yourself.