Totolink A3002R AC1200 is a dual-band gigabit router that complies with modern 802.11ac standards and, in total, at two frequencies, it supports transmission speeds of up to 1167 Mbps over a wireless network.
Preparing for setup
Connect a network cable from your ISP to the WAN port.
- If you plan to configure the router via a Wi-Fi network, turn on Wi-Fi in the settings of your laptop, tablet or phone. From the lists of available Wi-Fi networks, select TOTOLINK_A3002R_5G or TOTOLINK_A3002R_2G (the network will be one of the first in the list and will not be password protected).
- If the router is not configured via a W-Fi network, connect the patch cord cable (it is included with the router, or you can use any other twisted pair cable) to the network card of the computer and any of the router’s LAN ports. Make sure your network card settings are set to automatically acquire an IP. To do this, select «Start» - «Settings» - «Network and Internet» - «Ethernet» - «Properties».
- Open a browser on your device and enter the IP address «192.168.0.1» into the address bar without quotes (be careful, the browser can independently substitute the Latin O and l instead of the numbers 0, 1. Do not pay attention to this and enter the address manually). In the dialog box, enter the administrator username and password without quotes (login: «admin», password: «admin»).
- If the router has already been used, it could have been previously configured and the Wi-Fi network may have a different name, be password protected, or you cannot get into the web interface of the router at 22.214.171.124, or the administrator password does not match. In this case, the easiest solution is to reset the router to factory settings. To do this, you need to hold RESET for 10-15 seconds with a paper clip or any other thin object, then wait a minute until the router reboots.
Setting up access to the Internet
- Click «Advanced Settings» and navigate to the «Basic Settings» option.
In the «MAC Cloning» field, enter the MAC address assigned to your connection, without separators (the MAC address can be found in your account in the «Services-> Internet» section), and click «Apply» below. Leave the connection type as DHCP and enable IGMP-proxy and IGMP-snooping. After saving the settings, Internet access will already be present.
Setting up a wireless Wi-Fi network
- To set up a Wi-Fi network, go to the «Wireless network» section.
- Select «Broadcast network», «Enable encryption», enter the name of the network in the field SSID and Wi-Fi access password.
- Please note that the router broadcasts Wi-Fi on 2 bands. Therefore, in order to there was no further confusion, it is better to name (SSID) networks differently, or leave names are standard.
- Click «Apply». If you configured the router by connecting to it via Wi-Fi, after saving the settings, you will need to connect to it again using the new password.
- It is also advisable to change the administrator password (this is the same «admin» that we entered to enter the web interface). To do this, go to the «Maintenance» section and click on «Password Settings».
Important! Do not confuse the password for accessing the Wi-Fi network - this is the password that users will enter when connecting to Wi-Fi, and this administrator password - it is needed to configure the router and only you should know it.